Our exhibits describe all aspects of life beginning before recorded time, when much of the area was under sea waters.
- We have exhibits depicting the Native Americans who moved about this area for thousands of years before white settlers arrived.
- There are artifacts of Gold Rush era settlements and their inhabitants, whch define the everyday life of these determined dreamers who followed the lure of precious metals.
- We also have exhibits that document the development of a more permanent population of Farmers, Ranchers, Cowboys, Chinese and Merchants who came, building homes and raising families.
- The Kern River Valley's rich Movie History is also on display.
- As the Valley began to develop, the Forest Service and Southern California Edison played a big role. We have displays on these developments.
As you walk through our Museum and backyard, you will develop a clearer picture of these hard-working hearty people - who they were, how they lived, worked, and played in this beautiful and naturally diverse area.